Motorcycle Lawsuit Process
We carefully look at every case to determine what is the best course of action. Below is a general online of our process.
To prove that the accident occurred because of the other partyâ€™s negligence, we collect evidence that supports your claim. Examples of useful evidence may include:
- Reviewing police reports
- Looking at photographs and video footage
- Collecting witness statements
- Showing that you were following the law
- Examining medical documents
Negligence can be shown in many ways, including:
- The driver swerves in front of a cyclist.
- The motorcyclist is cut off at an intersection.
- The driver exceeded the speed limit.
- The driver broke traffic laws.
- The driver was under the influence
While we are conducting our investigation, we will also look into the extent of your damages. Weâ€™ll make sure that everything is accounted for so that you donâ€™t have to worry about your financial wellbeing, and you can focus on getting your life back to normal. Damages may include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Making Your Claim
Once all the damages have been calculated and the evidence gathered, we can then proceed with making your claim. This is what your lawsuit will be based on. Your claim will include:
- Any evidence that proves the other party was negligent
- Medical documents outlining the extent of your injuries
- Total damages and losses
- Your request for compensation
Settlement and Litigation
After we have your claim, we will then meet with the other party for a negotiation. The goal here is to agree on a settlement that compensates you justly. However, if a settlement cannot be agreed upon, then we can take your claim to court. This will officially begin the lawsuit process. It is still possible for a settlement to be reached at this point, but if not, the ultimate ruling is up to either a judge or jury.
We promise to fight for you so that you get your due compensation. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a motorcycle accident, call The JW Law Firm. Weâ€™re here to help.